I’m turning 30 today. Not sure whether to say ‘Ew!’ or ‘yay!’ to that.
– The fine lines under my eyes, that weren’t there when I was 20. I’ve always thought that lines around the eyes were beautiful on women, that it added character, but… Somehow I don’t agree when it’s under -my- eyes.
– Being sick-ish, sitting in bed last night sure as hell -feeling- old and spent, coughing like a mad man. Erm, woman.
– Getting … Well, older. For instance having to cut back on caffeine from afternoon and onwards, to be able to sleep. Wtf? I never had problems sleeping. I curled up and off I went. Feel like a bloody grandmother. And I refuse to drink tea. I only drink tea, if I’m close to dying.
– Growing wiser, softer and so much more gentle and warm.
– Getting called ‘Young lady’ on my Facebook wall in a birthday greet today. Score! 😉
– Receiving the most amazing card with a gift over breakfast. Some of it said ‘We have shared some of each others greatest professional and personal challenges. In both frontiers you are an amazing wingman!’ Litterally said ‘wingman’, not some Danish version of the word. Sat there with wet eyes, smiling from ear to ear.
30. Thirty! … Ah, well. Can’t change it, and I don’t really wanna be the woman who obsesses over her age. Maybe I should become the kind of girl, who never ages beyond 28? Yeah? ‘I’m 28… And some months’. Could work. 😉